If you are having a missing tooth, then you must pay extra attention to it. Because this may cause an imbalance in your oral system! And this can also make you feel embarrassed. Isn’t it? In this case, the dental bridge comes into play. With this dental process, you can easily switch your missing teeth with artificial ones.
What is a Dental Bridge?
A dental bridge is a custom-built replacement of a tooth. It is generally termed a pontic. Your dentist inserts it between either of the two teeth. The bridge fixes with your original teeth on either side of the gap which is left by the lost teeth.
Bridges are usually made of gold, porcelain, alloys, or a mix of these materials. And they look pretty much the same as the shape of your natural teeth.
Types of Dental Bridge
Generally, there are four kinds of dental bridges available. These are as follows:
Your dentist will recommend to you which kind of bridge is right for you based on your goals and other specific requirements.
Benefits of Dental Bridge
When you have lost your tooth or teeth, it can affect your overall health status as well. And this can come in many ways. A dental bridge can be a good fix to all these health problems. And this can also prevent further complications. Let’s go through these benefits:
- Usually, dental bridges are small and are light in weight.
- It enhances your chewing ability
- Improves your smile
- Protects your natural teeth against moving out
- Very comfortable to wear and very effective
- It gives you an aesthetic appearance as it blends in seamlessly with your natural teeth
- Helps to maintain your facial structure
- It helps regain your capability to speak
- Their durability and stability are much better as compared to dentures
- The procedure is less invasive and they are more inexpensive than dental implants
- Before providing a dental bridge, the dentist will check 2 healthy teeth on both sides of your lost tooth or teeth.
- Secondly, your dentist will make a model of your tooth/teeth to custom-build your bridge.
- Next, you will get a temporary bridge until your permanent one gets designed in the lab.
- Once the bridge is ready, the dentist inserts your permanent bridge and cements it to your neighboring original teeth.
There is also another method, where your dentist surgically plants the bridge in your jaw.
How much does a dental bridge cost?
Well, the cost of dental bridges actually depends on the type of bridge that you choose. Also, there are many factors for which the price can vary:
- Number of teeth required to fill the gap
- Materials used, like zirconia, composite resin, or metal alloy covered in resin
- Difficulty/complexity level of the placement
- Extra treatments for other dental problems, like gum disease
- Geographic location
How to care for your Bridges?
Dental bridges can stay for 5-15 years or may even longer. But this can only happen if you take the right care of them. They might also fail, because of the failure of the cement. And for that:
- Usually consume soft foods and minimize your intake of sugar items
- Always apply correct oral habits like brushing, flossing, and rinsing your mouth but with an antibacterial mouthwash
- Visit your dentist for regular check-ups.
Get the Help you need!
We hope this blog was helpful for you in knowing more about dental bridges in Carstairs. You can get in touch with Carstairs Dental if you want to receive the best dental bridges in Carstairs, AB. Our dentist in Carstairs can help you achieve a confident, gorgeous, and healthy smile at an affordable rate! We are just a call away.
Carstairs Family Dentist is offering a full range of dental care treatments. Quality cosmetic dental care with a friendly environment. Get Free consultation with our dentists. Call us. Emergency Dental Care in Carstairs is also available.