Whenever you bite, chew, talk, move your jaw, or even yawn, do your jaws hurt? Do you have sore jaw muscles and are you suffering from earaches? Do you find popping sounds in your ears over and over again? Then, you may be suffering from a condition called Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) dysfunction or disorder. This type of problem can give you triggered headaches and also neck pain.
NEW ADULT PATIENT FORM | NEW CHILD PATIENT FORM
What Is TMJ?
TMJ is located just in front of your ears on both sides of the face, where the jaw connects with the skull. The joint is supported by several muscles, ligaments, cartilage, and also an intra-joint disk that allows the joint to move and adapt to several forms of motions. We actually use the Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) for the whole day for any kind of oral movement.
Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD/TMJ Syndrome) refers to severe or long-term swelling of the TMJ. The dysfunction can cause intense pain and also damage. The method used to treat this type of case is known as TMJ Therapy.
What Are The Causes Of TMJ?
- Overcrowded teeth
- Misaligned teeth and jaw
- Missing teeth and gaps between teeth
- Improper biting pattern
- Teeth grinding and clenching
- Tooth erosion
How Will Your Dentist Treat You?
- Firstly, the dentist will check the symptoms and also examine your jaw.
- Then he/she will also listen to your jaw motions when you open and close your mouth.
- The frequency of the jaw motion is monitored.
- In the meantime, the dentist will identify your pain spots.
- You may be advised for undergoing dental X-rays, CT-Scan, or maybe an MRI also for a detailed analysis.
- At certain times, TMJ arthroscopy is also used for TMJ disorder diagnosis. While undergoing TMJ arthroscopy, the dentist will insert a tiny thin tube (cannula) into the joint gap and then plant a tiny camera (arthroscope) to check the spot.
- After understanding your present situation, the dentist will draft an appropriate treatment plan for you.
Get The Help You Need!
You can get in touch with our dentist in Carstairs, AB at Carstairs Dental if you want to receive the best TMJ Therapy in Carstairs, AB, and get rid of TMJ (TMD) troubles. Nowadays, with the high rise of the modern and latest technology and advanced studies, our trusted dentist is extremely proficient in diagnosing your problem and will definitely offer you the best treatment along with optimal comfort. And our dental team will always be there to attend to all your needs with utmost care and diligence. We’re just a call away.